Facebook Marketplace is a smooth, convenient way to buy and sell in your area. You can look through listings or search for items near you to find great things to buy.
Facebook Marketplace allows you to list items and find great deals directly within Facebook. You don’t have to download another app or set up a new account.
The Facebook Marketplace enables you to reach thousands of people in your local community and find unique items for sale.
You can find everything in Facebook marketplace, from clothes, TVs, cars and even real estate. Both people and businesses can list things for sale, whether they’re used items or brand-new products.
Facebook marketplace is safe because people only see the information that you publicly share on Facebook. You get to decide how much information to share. Use Facebook Messenger or communicate via Marketplace to avoid spam and phishing. However, don’t share your personal or bank information.
Benefits of selling on Marketplace
The marketplace is where people can discover, buy and sell things listed on Facebook. Here are some of the benefits of selling or registering your inventory on Marketplace as a business.
1. The chance to reach an active, growing community
When you sell as a business on Marketplace, you get access to an increasing community of enthusiastic, motivated buyers. Each month, millions of people are browsing and buying items from other people and businesses on Facebook.
With Marketplace, businesses have the opportunity to create and nurture an additional distribution or revenue channel that can reach this community and support business growth.
2. Real-time communication with Messenger
Businesses benefit from the ability to directly respond to questions or enquiries from interested buyers with the help of Messenger. Messenger makes it possible to communicate in real-time with leads and prospective buyers before they lose interest or decide to move along and browse other products.
3. Free listings
Unlike many other third-party marketplaces and e-commerce platforms, Facebook Marketplace allows businesses to create and manage listings for no additional fee or cost. There may be costs associated with setting up inventory feeds or other services through a partner, but Facebook doesn’t charge anything.
How to Access the Facebook Marketplace App
Facebook Marketplace is available in the Facebook app and on desktops and tablets.
To find Facebook Marketplace, look for the home icon () at the bottom of the app on iOS or at the top of the app on Android.
If using a web browser, you can find this Marketplace icon on the left-hand side of the Facebook Page.
Where is The Marketplace
You can find the marketplace at the top of your Android and bottom of your IOS device. You can use the Facebook marketplace app if you are 18 years or older in the locations below;
- Costa Rica.
- The Czech Republic.
- The Netherlands.
- New Zealand.
- The Philippines.
- Puerto Rico.
- South Africa.
- The United Kingdom.
- The United States.
These are the places you can find the marketplace icon for now.
Reasons Why The Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing
If you’ve opened the Facebook website or app and the Facebook Marketplace icon is not showing, some reasons possibly caused it.
- You’re under 18. Facebook Marketplace is only available to Facebook users who are 18 years old or over.
- Your home region isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace is only available in 50 countries, including the United States, Canada, and Australia. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon will not appear.
- You may be in an unsupported country. Travelling to a country that isn’t supported by Facebook Marketplace may also make the option disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
- The iPod touch isn’t supported. While Facebook Marketplace will appear within the iOS app on the iPhone and iPad, it won’t show up when using an iPod touch.
- Your Facebook account is new. Facebook Marketplace has been known to not appear at all to new Facebook users. This is likely done to prevent spammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
- Dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook apps is active and will display shortcuts to Facebook features that you use the most. If you go a while without using Facebook Marketplace, the icon may disappear or be replaced with another one for groups, video, or some other Facebook feature.
How to Get Marketplace on Facebook
If you currently don’t have Facebook Marketplace after logging into Facebook, there are several things you can try to get it to appear.
- Log out of the Facebook website or app and then log in again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
- Change your home country to one of the 50, supported by Facebook Marketplace.
- Use a new Facebook account daily, comment on posts, and add friends. Once Facebook detects that your account is real and not a fake one made to see products, the Marketplace functionality may be unlocked.
- Visit the Facebook Marketplace website directly in a web browser. This can be a good backup option if the link refuses to show up on the main Facebook website and within the apps.