Everyone has one thing or the other that bothers them, while some others are going through a lot of pain, sadness, heartbreak, depression, and disappointment, probably as a result of losing someone they love, failed relationships or broken marriages, etc.
Whatever the reason might be, sometimes it is better not to hold back the tears inside. Crying it out sometimes could bring the relief that you never could imagine.
The following are compilations of quotes that we believe may be useful to people who are not having a good time and find no way to express what they feel.
48 Quotes that Can Make You Cry
1. As I’ve gotten older, I find I am able to be nourished more by sorrow and to distinguish it from depression.
2. Live by this credo: have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations.
3. Sadness flies away on the wings of time.
4. First, accept sadness. Realize that without losing, winning isn’t so great.
5. If my leg falls off, I’ll get a prosthetic. There’d be no deep sadness about it. I’d just get on with it! It’s called life, and I love life. You have to be positive, and you have to crack on no matter what.
6. Have you ever felt so alone and nothing makes sense? Well, that’s how I feel right now…I feel like I’m facing everything myself, with nothing but tears and a fake smile.
7. Behind my smile is everything you’ll never understand.
8. It sucks to be alone, even when there are people all around you.
9. I wake up and think dreams are real. I sleep so I don’t have to feel.
10. There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.
11. I feel bad when you miss me, I feel sad when you don’t.
12. The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.
13. Sorrow is the child of too much joy.
14. Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion.
15. Clowns wear a face that’s painted intentionally on them so they appear to be happy or sad. What kind of mask are you wearing today?
16. I like this quote I dislike this quote. There are moments when, even to the sober eye of Reason, the world of our sad humanity must assume the aspect of Hell.
17. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all.
18. Sadness is the result of unhappy thoughts.
19. Ah, All things come to those who wait, (I say these words to make me glad), But something answers, soft and sad, They come, but often come too late.
20. Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.
21. The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.
22. I do believe that if you haven’t learnt about sadness, you cannot appreciate happiness.
24. With any kind of mean girl, or anyone who bullies anyone, there’s always a reason for it. There is that sadness in them or insecurity that makes them feel like they need to act out or hurt other people.
25. Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative, you can get beyond your pain or negativity.
26. Dying seems less sad than having lived too little.
27. An ounce of cheerfulness is worth a pound of sadness to serve God with.
28. Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.
29. (As sad) as if World War II had never ended.
30. All sorrows can be borne if you put them into a story or tell a story about them.
31. 155 Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.
34. The word ‘happiness’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
35. Don’t criticize something you know nothing about. It only brings people down and makes everyone miserable.
36. Sadness flies away on the wings of time.
37. Anger, tears, and sadness are only for those who have given up.
38. A low-grade sadness coursing through me like a virus.
39. Usually, when people are sad, they don’t do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about change.
40. A wound heals but the scar remains.
41. Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes just be an illusion.
42. If your presence doesn’t make any difference to him, your absence won’t either.
43. Don’t wait until it’s too late to tell someone how much you love, how much you care because when they’re gone, no matter how loud you shout and cry, they won’t hear you anymore.
44. Anger is just a cowardly extension of sadness. It’s a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them you’re hurt.
45. Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it’s there if you look deep.
46. Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death.
47. Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.
48. It’s hard to hold on to something that you know would never be yours in any way you think of, you just have to learn to let go and face the fact that while good things never last…some don’t even start