Breakup is a sad moment in someone’s life. If you have ever experienced a break up especially with someone you love dearly then you can understand how truly difficult it is to cope in such a situation.
Break up is a term used to describe when a relationship between two unmarried people ends. I said two unmarried people because the term used to describe when a marriage ends isn’t break up both broken marriage.
There are so many reasons why break up occurs in a relationship. However, this article is not to explain the reason why people break up in a relationship. Many times, both parties come to an agreement to go their separate ways, while other times, its either the girl or the guy that chooses not to continue.
Break up isn’t something to be encouraged or desired in a relationship. However, there are times when people just can’t continue in a relationship anymore and the only way out is to let go. Now, breaking up isn’t usually the problem, the problem is the feeling that follows after a break-up, especially when one or both parties are still emotionally attached to each other.
Are you feeling sad and broken? We have carefully handpicked these 48 sad break-up quotes to help ease your pain; or maybe it’s not you, you are only trying to help a friend that is sad and broken. Whatever the case might be we trust that you will find some of the quotes we selected for you very useful.
48 Sad Break-Up Quotes
1. “I had many reasons to give up on you but I chose to stay. You had many reasons to stay but you chose to give up.”
2. “It is sad how someone can go from being the reason you were smiling to being the reason that you cry yourself to sleep.”
3. “You don’t die from a broken heart – you only wish you did.”
4. “It hurts to breathe because every breath I take proves I can’t live without you.”
5. “While I was holding on, all you did was let go.”
6. “My mouth says, “I’m ok.” My fingers text, “I’m fine.” My heart says, “I’m broken.”
7. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”
8. “Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes just be an illusion.”
9. “Letting go of someone dear to you is hard, but holding on to someone who doesn’t even feel the same is much harder.”
10. “Nothing hurts more than realizing he meant everything to you, and you meant nothing to him.”
11. “My heart only fought for what it wanted. Now my heart is having to fight to let him go.”
12. “Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.”
13. “Giving up doesn’t mean you are weak! It only means that you are strong enough to let go!.”
14. The greatest experiences of your life are not usually welcome ones.
15″Should I smile because you’re my friend or cry because that’s all we’ll ever be?”
16. Sometimes change is what’s best, letting your heartbreak, and learning how to cope.
17.”Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew.”
18. “Don’t keep holding on to something you have already let go of.”
19 “A break up is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave it broken than hurt yourself to fix it.”
20. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”
21. “The hottest love has the coldest end.”
22. “Don’t you EVER break someone’s heart, because they only have one. Break their bones, they have 206 on those!”
23. “Waiting for you is like waiting for rain in a drought – useless and disappointing.”
24. “I never stopped loving you, I just stopped showing it.”
25. “It takes a couple of seconds to say hello, but forever to say goodbye.”
26. “The heart is the only broken instrument that works.”
27. “It’s hard to tell your mind to stop loving someone if your heart still does.”
28. “It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.”
29. “I love crying in the rain. because when I do, no one can hear the pain.”
30. “You’ll get through this. And I know it’s impossible to believe right now, but it gets better. Trust me.”
31. “I tried really hard, I promise. But one day I just woke up and I couldn’t handle it anymore.”
32. “No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on.”
34. “I hate it when crying is the only way to feel better.”
35. “If you leave without a reason don’t come back with an excuse.”
36. “What do you do when the only one who can make you stop crying is the one who is making you cry?”
39. “It hurts when you have someone in your heart but can’t have in your arms.”
40. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”
41. “How could an angel break my heart? Why didn’t he catch my falling star? I wish I didn’t wish so hard. Maybe I wished our love apart.”
42. “When you recall some sweet memories, They only add, to all your miseries.”
43. “The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.”
44. “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. The pain of love lasts a lifetime.”
45. “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than to try to put them back together and end up hurting yourself.”
46. “Everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
47. “This is the problem with getting attached to someone. When they leave, you just feel lost.”
48. “I was born the day you kissed me, and I died inside the night you left me. But I lived, oh how I lived while you loved me.”